Thanksgiving is over, and the end of the year will soon be here. That can only mean one thing for generous givers ... year-end contributions and grant recommendations!
Did you know that so far this year thousands of individuals and families have contributed more than $492 million to their Giving Funds? That's over 50% more than the same time last year! And NCF has granted over $482 million to more than 10,000 charities – 20% more than at this same time last year.
What an incredible blessing this is for the ministry recipients who are using these dollars to change lives.
So as we move into the home stretch of 2012, let's finish strong for the Kingdom. Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- NOW! – Asset-based gifts
Make your asset-based gifts (such as stock, real estate, or business interests) as soon as possible. Contact our team to get started right away.
- December 17 – Finish stock/mutual fund gifts, enter year-end grants
Start transferring your stocks and mutual funds to NCF by December 17. Visit our stock page to download the right forms and watch a quick video. Also, you may wish to recommend grants to ministries from your Giving Fund by this date (though this isn’t necessary for tax purposes).
- December 31 – Make your final 2012 gifts
To ensure you receive your tax deductions for the 2012 year, make these gifts by December 31:
- Physical checks – Postmark and send them via U.S. mail.
- E-check and credit card gifts – Log into your Fund, and click the “Make a contribution” button.
- Wire transfers and separately invested account transfers – Visit our forms page for instructions and forms.
Don't wait until the last minute. Use your Giving Fund today!