COVID-19: Giver Resources
The National Christian Foundation of Houston has compiled the following resources for the benefit of givers in the wake of COVID-19 and the CARES Act.
- For a summary of relevant tax information regarding the Cares Act, your giving fund, and other charitable deductions, please take a moment to read this article by The National Law Review.
- A list of NCF Grantees featured in the Greater Houston Covid-19 Recovery Fund’s dashboard has been compiled here for your convenience.
Make a Mask!
As you’ve surely heard, many individuals and businesses have begun crafting homemade masks for medical personnel to assist with national shortages. While not as effective as N-95 masks, these handmade masks can assist healthcare professionals in meeting the CDC’s strategies for extended use of masks by offering a disposable or machine washable cover for the N-95 respirator and surgical masks. If you’re interested in helping create masks for the medical community, check out these ideas:
- Jo-Ann Fabrics craft store is currently offering curbside pickup and delivery of face mask kits that you can utilize to create masks to distribute to medical professionals. If you’re interested in participating, you can learn more, place a pickup order, and discover tutorials here.
- Reach out to your contacts in medical professions to see if there’s anything you can do to help them acquire the protective equipment they need.
- If you’re looking to donate homemade masks, the following organizations might be a good jumping off point for you to get involved: Mask Match, #GetUsPPE, Donate PPE