2020 Events & Books for the Milwaukee Community
- January 20: MLK Celebration at Eastbrook Church, sponsored by Milwaukee Declaration
- January 28: “State of Milwaukee” Symposium on The Story of the Church in Milwaukee: Shaping a 20/20 Vision
- February 1: No Regrets Men’s Conference at Elmbrook Church in Brookfield
- February 8: World Changers 2020, a unifying/evangelistic and informative day for junior & senior college students
- February 25: Pastor Workshop: Ten Strategies for Building a Generous Church Culture at Italian Community Center
- May 7: National Day of Prayer & Governor’s Prayer Breakfast at Italian Conference Center
- June-August: Hygiene Drive in collaboration with BASICS in Milwaukee (see below)
- June 6: 48 Hour Prayer at State Fair Park with The Captive Project
- June 5-7: Women in Worship by Melva Henderson Ministries at Brookfield Conference Center
- August 6-7: Global Leadership Summit (telecast globally) and hosted at Brookfield Conference Center
- September 16-17: Social Development Commission Summit on Poverty
- September 24 (was April 30) F.U.E.L – Faith Uniting and Equipping Leaders Empowering Christian Executives for Kingdom Impact at Brookfield Conference Center
Email Angela Smith to inquire about adding your non-denominational and unity/prayer/evangelistic focused events to this list (no fundraisers).
SUMMER HYGIENE DRIVE: Individuals and businesses are needed to collect hygiene items! Items will be distributed to Milwaukee families in partnership with local churches & food pantries in neighborhoods where job loss has been significant.
Drop off items CURBSIDE – Tuesdays from 3-5:30pm @ NCF WI in Brookfield and Wednesdays from 8:30am-Noon at BASICS in Milwaukee. Items needed include:
- Bar Soap/Shower Gel (for men, women, kids)
- Deodorant (for men, women, kids)
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
- Shampoo/Conditioner specifically for multi-ethnic hair ex. Cantu, Palmers, Just for Me (available at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc.)
- Feminine Hygiene products
- Diapers (all sizes)
The Christian Church has always had a significant presence in Milwaukee. Four Christian denominations were present in Milwaukee before Wisconsin was formed as a Territory in 1836. The Church strives for clarity – for 20/20 vision for the future. Our hope for this book is to “Celebrate the Church” and “Accelerate the Gospel” in Milwaukee.