2020 Events & Books for the Milwaukee Community
- January 20: MLK Celebration at Eastbrook Church, sponsored by Milwaukee Declaration
- January 28: “State of Milwaukee” Symposium on The Story of the Church in Milwaukee: Shaping a 20/20 Vision
- February 1: No Regrets Men’s Conference at Elmbrook Church in Brookfield
- February 8: World Changers 2020, a unifying/evangelistic and informative day for junior & senior college students
- February 25: Pastor Workshop: Ten Strategies for Building a Generous Church Culture at Italian Community Center
- May 7: National Day of Prayer & Governor’s Prayer Breakfast at Italian Conference Center (postponed to 2021)
- June-August: Hygiene Drive in collaboration with BASICS in Milwaukee (see below)
- June 6: 48 Hour Prayer at State Fair Park with The Captive Project
- June 5-7: Women in Worship by Melva Henderson Ministries at (virtual)
- August 6-7: Global Leadership Summit (telecast globally) and hosted at Brookfield Conference Center
- September 16-17: Social Development Commission Summit on Poverty (postponed to 2021)
- 2021: September 23: F.U.E.L – Faith Uniting and Equipping Leaders (Empowering Christian Executives for Kingdom Impact at Brookfield Conference Center)
Email Angela Smith to inquire about adding your non-denominational and unity/prayer/evangelistic focused events to this list (no fundraisers).
- August 13 How to Get More Donations for Your Ministry: A 101 Guide to Charitable Giving
- September 1 Charitable Giving Strategies with Business Interests in an Uncertain Economy
- October 14 For business owners: Managing and Selling your Business when Christian Values and Succession Matters
- October 15 From Chaos to Clarity: How to be Strategic in an Era of Uncertainty. You can Listen to the 1 hour recording here (audio only – starts at 0:20 seconds in).
- November 17 What Development Professionals Need to Know for Year-end Gifts
The Christian Church has always had a significant presence in Milwaukee. Four Christian denominations were present in Milwaukee before Wisconsin was formed as a Territory in 1836. The Church strives for clarity – for 20/20 vision for the future. Our hope for this book is to “Celebrate the Church” and “Accelerate the Gospel” in Milwaukee.