Resources for the Community: Covid-19 and Racial Injustice
Breaking down the CARES Act: 7 helpful resources on the stimulus bill, nonprofit resources and a tax summary, and more.
Resources for Generous Givers
- The CARES Act made changes in the tax law that encourages gifts to churches and charities. Read what this means for your giving.
- Read 19 simple ways to love your neighbor right now to support community and foster relationships, even if high-risk or confined at home
- Review a list of local (Wisconsin) that are serving those affected by COVID-19 as well as 20+ National charities on the frontlines of the COVID-19 battle
- Give Essential: Connecting essential workers to essential items. Send a package of household items you already own to an essential worker in your own city—without leaving your home.
- Why is race still an issue in America? Phil Vischer – creator of Veggie Tales – turned a popular podcast into a 17-minute video on race in America.
Resources for Small Businesses
- A CAP (Corporate Assistance Program) enables your company to follow God’s calling to help employees and others that are going through hard times. Email Linda for more information and learn more from Helping Hands, a CAP strategic partner.
- Employ Milwaukee will deploy 100+ Community Resource Navigators into the community to support humanitarian efforts. Businesses can apply to be host sites and individuals can apply to be employed on a CRN team.
- Published summaries:
Resources for Nonprofits (churches and ministries)
- We Race Ahead: A sermon series for urban & suburban churches that promotes unity and online small group studies with other city/suburban churches while allowing various communities to wrestle with topics needed for tangible change.
- Article: 19 ways to help your church thrive during COVID-19
- Employ Milwaukee will deploy 100+ Community Resource Navigators into the community. These temporary positions pay up to $17/hour. Nonprofits/churches can apply to be host sites and individuals can apply to join a CRN team.
- MP Productions serves churches with mobile church set ups and outdoor worship. Email Brad Christiansen.
- Many churches/nonprofits have Benevolence Funds that can be used to support church families or families in the community. Read best practices around how the church can use a Benevolence Fund. Feel free to share with your leadership.
- Published summaries for nonprofits:
- Do you know of (or work for) an organization that needs help utilizing or setting up a way to accept charitable gifts online? If so, please email us.