Resources for the Community in Response to COVID-19
Breaking down the CARES Act: 7 helpful resources on the stimulus bill, nonprofit resources and a tax summary, and more.
Resources for Generous Givers
- The CARES Act made changes in the tax law that encourages gifts to churches and charities. Read what this means for your giving.
- Read 19 simple ways to love your neighbor right now to support community and foster relationships, even if high-risk or confined at home
- Review a list of local (Wisconsin) that are serving those affected by COVID-19 as well as 20+ National charities on the frontlines of the COVID-19 battle
Resources for Small Businesses
- Small Business Grants: “We’re All In” Small Business Grant Program will provide $2,500 grants to 30,000 Wisconsin small businesses to assist with the costs of business interruption or for health and safety improvements, wages and salaries, rent, mortgages and inventory. Applications are open for one week from Monday, June 15 through Sunday, June 21.
- A CAP (Corporate Assistance Program) enables your company to follow God’s calling to help employees and others that are going through hard times. Email Linda for more information and learn more from Helping Hands, a CAP strategic partner.
- Employ Milwaukee will deploy 100+ Community Resource Navigators into the community to support humanitarian efforts. Businesses can apply to be host sites and individuals can apply to be employed on a CRN team.
- Published summaries:
Resources for Nonprofits (churches and ministries)
- Employ Milwaukee will deploy 100+ Community Resource Navigators into the community. These temporary positions pay up to $17/hour. Nonprofits/churches can apply to be host sites and individuals can apply to join a CRN team.
- MP Productions serves churches with mobile church set ups and outdoor worship. Email Brad Christiansen.
- Many churches/nonprofits have Benevolence Funds that can be used to support church families or families in the community. Read best practices around how the church can use a Benevolence Fund. Feel free to share with your leadership.
- Published summaries for nonprofits:
- Do you know of (or work for) an organization that needs help utilizing or setting up a way to accept charitable gifts online? If so, please email us.