Stories of Hope and Kingdom Building
If you’re like most of us here at NCF, you’re probably ready for some news to lift your spirits. We are highlighting unique ministries because of their impact in meeting community needs and Kingdom building. NCF does not endorse organizations, rather, it is our desire to highlight fruitful, faithful and loving ministries who are serving with faith instead of fear.
Churches Helping Churches
A new national collaboration through the National Christian Foundation in Atlanta that encourages more stable churches and individuals to help smaller at-risk churches by providing financial assistance to at-risk churches, specifically those in low-income urban areas. Read an article about the urgent needs for churches to help churches.
Here’s how you can help:
- If you have an NCF Giving Fund: You can make a fund-to-fund transfer by logging into your Giving Fund, selecting “Transfer” from the blue bar at the top of the page. Include the Fund Name: COVID-19 Church Relief Fund, and include the Fund number #3245330
- If you don’t have a Giving Fund: You can set one up in just a few minutes or donate online directly at churchrelief.org
- If you’re a stable church: You can donate to help struggling churches at churchrelief.org. You can also seek out networks and relationships in your own area to find a church that may need help
- If you’re an at risk church: You can apply for aid at churchrelief.org (funding will be provided at small levels e.g. ~$3,000 per church)
The opportunity to help the nation’s small churches was always there, but now there is no time to waste.
Local Ministry Highlight: Milwaukee Rescue Mission
The Milwaukee Rescue Mission (MRM) serves a vulnerable population that has nowhere else to go under “Safer At Home”— offering two emergency shelters for homeless men, women, and children. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, MRM has experienced a significant increase in demand for services (up more than 40% from the same time last year). Their meal program has been serving anywhere from 600-900 meals per day, for up to 5,400 meals per week.
Additionally, the Milwaukee Rescue Mission is providing approximately 4,600 meals through food basket distribution in one of Milwaukee’s most impoverished neighborhoods.
At MRM, the atmosphere is one of gratitude from guests. Guests have expressed how grateful they are for a safe place to be during the pandemic. MRM staff are dedicated and continue to show up and serve—despite their own feelings of fear, stress, or grief.
Here’s how you can help:
- Praise God! For His provision; for our donors who have responded generously to support the ministry of MRM; for medical experts advising and advocating for MRM; for staff who have a heart for the people we serve
- Prayer Requests: For protection, comfort, peace, strength, courage, creativity, and wisdom
- Other Requests: Emergency supplies for food baskets and health/safety hygiene kits (especially face masks and thermometers). Please click here to view their full list of emergency needs. Also, donations to help ease hunger and fear (donate online to MRM).
- Contact: Lauren McMillen email@example.com
Stories are powerful! If you have stories of God’s work in, through and around you, we would love to hear from you. Perhaps your story might be of encouragement and inspiration to others. Email Angela Smith.