Byron Smith, CPA, ABV, PFS is a tax partner in St. Petersburg with over 30 years of experience in public accounting. He is primarily responsible for comprehensive income tax planning for S corporations, individuals, controlled groups, and partnerships in retail, manufacturing, agriculture and various other industries. Byron has developed extensive knowledge in succession planning for middle-market businesses, as well as client representation before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
As the tax leader of the St. Petersburg office nonprofit industry team, Byron works with a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, leading tax teams in the preparation of IRS Form 990, nonprofit tax consulting services, board governance training and tax planning services. He has extensive experience in structuring complex charitable gifts to maximize the taxable and financial benefits to donors and receiving organizations, and has also been actively involved in developing relationships with impactful donors and planned giving programs for our clients.
Professional affiliations and credentials:
- Certified public accountant
- Accredited in business valuation
- Personal financial specialist
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- West Coast Chapter of the FICPA, tax committee member
- Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay, board member
- Bachelor of Science, accounting, University of South Florida